On 21st August, 2017, Google announced the launching of Android 8.0 nicknamed “Oreo” during a total eclipse themed event. Already, some features of Android 8.0 have been released alongside its nickname by the Google official twitter handle. But no android device has started to come preset from the factory with the new operating system though there are speculations that Nokia 8 and the new Google Pixel device would be the flagship devices of the Android 9.0 operating system.
Some however are being carried away by the awesomeness of the Android 8.0’s sleek design that no one has given a thought to the Android 9.0 and what it could have in store for us.
SEE: NEW WAYS TO DISABLE RIGHT CLICK ON A WEBPAGE
Currently, it seems the current trend is the release of a new Android Operating System each year. Just in late 2016, we had the Android 7.0 Nougat on our doorsteps and in 2015 we saw Android 6.0 “Marshmallow” debut in the Android market. And now we are enjoying the awesomeness of the Android 8.0 Oreo.
As at 21st August, 2017, Android 5.1 “Lollipop” and Android 6.0 “marshmallow” were leading the Android Operating System sales market.
So what does the Android 9.0 have to do with all these facts?
The Android 9.0 according to market and user speculations will be launched between October 2018 and June 2019. As at then, the Android 9.0 will be Google’s flagship Operating System.
So what features will Android 9.0 come with?
- A sleeker design on super slim mobile phones.
- Smarter phone security measures that may force manufacturers to include some hardware in their devices like retinal/iris scanners, fingerprint scanners, speech recognition.
- Split app usage that will allow users simultaneously use two app at the same time.
- Video overlay feature that will give users the option of playing videos while using other applications.
- Quick notifications that enables users hold apps on their home screens and see all in-app notifications for a particular app at a time.
- Smarter cameras equipped with “compact image” technology that will enable users to take super quality images with low storage uptake.