US intelligence has confirmed that there was an explosion at the Manchester Arena where Ariana Grande was performing.
The official said there were deaths and injuries. Officials are trying to determine if the incident is terrorism related. So far 19 deaths people have been confirmed dead and 50 injured with the toll still climbing.
Manchester Arena has also released a statement confirming that relevant government personnel are on the scene following reports of an explosion within the foyer area of the stadium at 10:30 p.m. local time.
Thousands of Ariana Grande fans experienced a frightening concert experience Monday evening.
According to various attendees tweeting from the Manchester Arena in the United Kingdom, a loud sound was heard prompting several visitors to leave the area.
Police were called and rushed out to the scene. “Emergency services responding to serious incident at Manchester Arena. Avoid the area. More details will follow as soon as available,” Greater Manchester police shared.
“Ariana is okay. We are further investigating what happened,” the singer’s rep later confirmed to E! News.
BIA, who is serving as her opening act, also alerted fans that she is safe. “GUYS WE ARE OKAY !!! THANK YOU WE LOVE YOU,” the singer wrote on Twitter.
For much of the evening, social media users were sharing a variety of messages from the actual arena. A viral Video also surfaced to showcase the scene.
The incident comes as Ariana continues her Dangerous Woman World Tour. For the next four months, the “Side to Side” singer is hitting the road to perform her biggest hits.
Peter Byrne/PA Wire
Just last week, several concertgoers in New York reported on social media gunshot were heard at the Barclays Center during a Future concert.
The arena would later set the record straight on Twitter and assure fans that everything was okay.
“There were no gunshots tonight inside the arena,” their official account said. “A loud noise during load out caused concern while fans exited the venue. Get home safely.”